AJAXAFY-PAGE-START

Monday, February 12, 2007

Looking Foward to Disney

I think it has been nearly 3 years since the wife and I have been somewhere on vacation. Due to the fact that my mom and dad lived with us, my dad has Parkinson's, and my mom didn't have the strength (at least emotionally) to take care of my dad alone for a extended period of time (i.e. overnight), we were kind of tethered in place.

Well, good news or bad news (it can be taken both ways for sure). Taking care of my dad at home became too much to handle. The doctors had been suggesting it for a year or two now that we put him in a nursing home and we put it off. But no more. That has been very hard on me. I don't want my dad there. Well, I'm not going there now... [the subject of my dad] it's too upsetting to think about.

The upside is all of a sudden me and my wife are free to go and do things. In case you're wondering, we do visit my dad regularly.

I've just booked a trip to Disney. Airline tickets, resort accommodations, access to the Disney parks, rental car... yes! I am sooo ready for a real vacation! Away from work, from the house, just "away!" I am not going to think about "here" while I am "there!" I am going to decompress!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AJAXAFY-PAGE-END